Vegetable-Stuffed Pork TenderloinFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 1-lb pork tenderloins shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp creamery butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Cut lengthwise through the tenderloins, cutting almost to the other side.
- Open the halves like a book, and place the pork between sheets of waxed paper.
- Pound to 1/2 inch thickness, then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook & stir for 5 to 7 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the peas.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread onion mixture over the tenderloins and sprinkle with the bleu cheese.
- Roll up tenderloins to enclose the filling, tying every 2 inches with kitchen string to secure.
- Place stuffed tenderloins on a cookie sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then:
- Combine the mustard and honey, and brush over the pork.
- Continue roasting for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 155*F.
- Let stand, tented in foil, for 10 minutes, then remove the kitchen string to slice.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating8 people
Very nice, elaine! We do something similar with flank steak. Stuff, roll, tie, brown well and braise long for beef (of course!). I have never done this with pork but you can bet your booties, I'll be doing it soon! Thanks and ^5, elaine.
Lor...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Looks and sounds so wonderful! Great stuffing here and I love the honey and mustard sauce, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh I would love this, thank you for sharing, I my to do list. High 5 for ya.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!