Tomato and Garlic PastaFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta shopping list
- 2 pounds tomatoes shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomatoes in kettle and cover with cold water.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Pour off water and cover again with cold water.
- Peel tomatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Saute the garlic in enough oil to cover the bottom of a skillet.
- When garlic becomes opaque, stir in tomato paste.
- Immediately stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta is ready.
- Add basil.
- Drain pasta but do not rinse.
- Toss with a couple tablespoons olive oil and then mix with sauce.
- Reduce heat as low as possible.
- Keep warm, uncovered for about 10 minutes at which time it is ready to serve.
- Garnish generously with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
I love the fresh tomatoes here, thanks....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
oh yum i love the angel pasta with this thank you five
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This look absolutely delicious and sounds great!ambus in Lahore loved it