Stuffed Asian Cabbage Leaves Dated 1969From chefmeow 8 years ago
- 8 large Chinese cabbage leaves shopping list
- 1 small white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored seeded and chopped shopping list
- 15 black olives pitted shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Plunge cabbage leaves into boiling salted water and blanch 1 minute.
- Remove drain and pat dry.
- Toss chopped onion in 1 tablespoon oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add chopped pepper, olives, cooked rice, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Stir well to warm then lay out leaves.
- Divide stuffing among leaves leaving edges clear.
- Turn in sides of each leaf then roll like a cigar and tie with fine twine.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in saucepan or wok that will hold leaves in a single layer.
- Gently turn stuffed leaves one at a time in oil then lay them all in the pan.
- Add water to come halfway up leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bring liquid to boil then cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove stuffed leaves from pan to plates and serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Cool recipe... thanks! I need to try this one - kind of an Asian version of stuffed cabbage leaves.whuebl in Annapolis loved it
This sounds different and unique! Thanks for sharing another great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it
Nice heirloom recipe! Thanks for the share!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!