Chicken Cutlets With Mushroom SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 large chicken breasts skinned boned and halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
- Mushroom Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Pound halved chicken breasts to 1/2" thickness then coat with flour.
- Dip in a mixture of eggs and milk then coat with fine dry bread crumbs.
- Fry cutlets four at a time in hot oil until golden brown about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to hot platter then keep warm and serve with mushroom sauce.
- To make sauce cook mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour then add milk, salt and pepper the cook and stir until boiling.
- Stir in sour cream then heat through but do not boil.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating8 people
oooh yeah this is so being made next week ! THANKS ! woot !! i love a great chicken recipe ....queenmidge in Anderson loved it
The sour cream makes it remind me of stroganoff (without the noodles!)...the sauce sounds delish. Always love a new way to fix all that chicken we eat!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sounds like a great comfort food to me! Love the sauce here, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!