Grilled Chicken and Rice SaladFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1 recipe thyme vinaigrette shopping list
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or thighs shopping list
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen French-cut green beans shopping list
- 2 cups cooked brown rice and wild rice blend, chilled shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered shopping list
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot shopping list
- 1 green onion, sliced shopping list
- lettuce leaves shopping list
- ..........thyme vinaigrette............ shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Thyme Vinaigrette. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette; set aside the remaining vinaigrette until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling. (Or broil on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once halfway through broiling.) Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- Meanwhile, rinse green beans with cool water for 30 seconds; drain well. In a large bowl toss together beans, cooked rice, artichoke hearts, cabbage, carrot, and green onion. Pour the remaining vinaigrette over rice mixture; toss to gently coat.
- If desired, arrange lettuce leaves on 4 dinner plates. Top with the rice mixture and chicken.
- Thyme Vinaigrette:
- In a screw-top jar combine 1/4 cup white wine vinegar; 2 tablespoons olive oil; 2 tablespoons water; 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese; 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cover and shake well.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating7 people
Mmmmmmm now this really sounds great my type of salad too yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds so different, fresh and delicious! I love all the ingredients here, and the dressing sounds amazing! This is like a whole meal in one salad!juels in Clayton loved it
Tasty sounding vinaigrette - I love to try new salads and dressings. This one sounds like one I would really enjoy, and the chicken makes it a main dish...it's almost time for warm summer weather and salads for dinner - woo-hoo!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!