SEAFOOD CHOWDER WITH CORN CRAB AND SHRIMPFrom efitobx 8 years ago
- 3 slices of bacon, small diced shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, small diced shopping list
- 1 small red pepper, small diced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 10 oz can of cream style corn shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken stock or fish stock shopping list
- ½ cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 2 splashes of Tabasco shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ½ lb. picked crabmeat shopping list
- 1 medium onion, small diced shopping list
- 1 carrot, small diced shopping list
- 1 small green pepper, small diced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen shoe peg corn shopping list
- 1 splash Worcestershire shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ lb. 70/90 peeled and de veined shrimp shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butter and let melt.
- Add flour and stir well until all of the oil is absorbed by the flour.
- Add both types of corn, stock, cream, and seasonings. Mix well and allow chowder to simmer 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add crab and shrimp and stir well.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating8 people
Works for me with a nice salad.misterbean in Corpus Christi loved it
Mmmmm....sounds hearty and delicious! Thanks for sharing this great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it