Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon DressingFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon,halved length-wise and cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1(10 oz) bag curly-leaf spinach,stemmed and torn into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 red onion,sliced thin shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves,minced shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/4c cider vinegar shopping list
- 1Tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 hard cooked eggs,pealed and quartered(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in Dutch oven over med-high heat until crisp,about 7 mins. Using slotted spoon,transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate and pour off all but 1/4c bacon fat. Place spinach in large bowl next to stove.
- Return pot to med-high heat and cook onion,garlic,salt ,pepper and sugar until onion is softened,about 3 mins. Working quickly,add vinegar and mustard and scrape bottom of pot with wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Remove pot from heat,add spinach and cover,allowing spinach to steam until just beginning to wilt,about 15 seconds.
- Transfer steamed spinach and hot dressing to empty bowl and toss lightly with tongs. Divide salad among individual plates and garnish with reserved bacon and eggs(if using). Serve
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
One of my favorite salads, pat! I just love this hot dressing... Thanks and my ^5, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sure sounds good. Five forks.kitchenwhizzer in Bradford loved it
Yum, bet you could do the same recipe with leaf lettuce. Seems I've had something like that before and it was so good. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it