The Chewy Chocolate Chip CookieFrom conner909 4 years ago
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (I use salted butter) shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup regular sugar shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (I use light brown) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used 1 tsp. almond and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extracts) shopping list
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
- Hardware: shopping list
- ice cream scooper (#20 disher, to be exact) (I used smaller scooper or a heaping teaspoon) shopping list
- parchment paper or Silpat shopping list
- Baking Sheets shopping list
- Mixer shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F when ready to bake.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in the electric mixer's work bowl.
- Add the white sugar and brown sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, yolk, milk and vanilla and/or almond extracts and mixt until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough, then scoop onto parchment-lined (or use a silpat) baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown, checking the cookies after 5 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet for even browning.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating7 people
oh yeah!!!!!!!! here we go .. here it is .. thank you very much.... so this is what you made huh !!!!! ok there mine now lol.............
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Oh my gosh Michele, wish I had one of these to go with my coffee right now. They look so tempting. Hey I'm trying to loose a few pounds, my back and leg is feeling really good since I took off little over 7 lbs. Shame on you for tempting me with t...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
Yummers, your pictures are beautiful and your cookies are wonderful sounding. this is a keeper..:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!