Caramelized Onion Cranberry Cream Cheese BitesFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh OR frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 16 whole grain crackers shopping list
- cream cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute 15 to 18 minutes OR until golden and tender.
- Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes OR until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Spread 16 whole grain crackers with 1 1/2 teaspoons cream cheese.
- Top with 1 tablespoon compote.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful! Many thanks!chefbaudri in Grand Rapids loved it
a very unique choice of ingredients.....love the looks will try this soonkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
This looks elegant and I am loving the combo of sweet onions and cranberries! Great post, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it