Devils Food CakeFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease and flour one 9x13" pan OR two 9" rounds.
- In small pan melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color.
- Add chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well.
- Add 1 cup boiled water (still warm) and blend well.
- Mixture will be very liquid.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Mix together the vinegar and the milk.
- Stir into chocolate batter.
- Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 30 minutes OR until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
No wonder why its called Devil's food cake but looks so delicious mmmmmmmmm sounds good to me...aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
love chocolate. high 5karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
High five for this devil!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it