VichyssoiseFrom edmund 8 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 lbs. leeks shopping list
- 6 Table spoons, unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 38 ounces (6 small) yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 2 quarts vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1¾ teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- THOROUGHLY clean and remove dark green sections of the leeks
- Soak chopped leeks for 1 hour to clean
- Chop the leeks into small pieces
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and then add leeks and the salt
- Medium heat
- Sweat the leeks for 5 minutes on medium heat then decrease the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes
- Peel and dice small the Yukon potatoes
- Transfer leeks to large pot that has been tempered
- Add the potatoes and vegetable stock to pot and increase temperature to medium-high
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and gently simmer until potatoes and soft (45min)
- Turn off the heat and puree the mixture, blend until smooth
- Stir in heavy cream, buttermilk, and white pepper.
- Let cool, and adjust to taste
- Sprinkle with chives and serve hot or chilled.
The Cookedmund Studio City, CA
The Rating3 people
This is soooooo good! Now I just need to figure out how to make it with less calories so I can enjoy it all the time. :-)swamikitty in Anderson loved it
I make this often it is great on a rainy day. I like the buttermilk addition it adds a tangy flavor that is delightful.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!