Pasta with Shrimp and Ginger CreamFrom rottman 8 years ago
- 1 4-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and cut into very thin matchsticks shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and butterflied shopping list
- coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 tb unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced shallots shopping list
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 lb thin spaghetti shopping list
- 1/2 lb snow peas, tipped, strings pulled, and cut on an angle into thin julienne shopping list
- 1/2 lb plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the ginger in the wine for about 15 minutes.
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the skillet's hot, pour in a slick of olive oil. Add the shrimp, season with salt and white pepper, and add the buter. Saute the shrimp until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Put the skillet back on the heat and add the ginger and wine, the shallots, and champgne vinegar. Brint to a boil and boil to reduce the liquid to about 3 tablespoons. Pour in the cream, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so the cream simmers actively and cook until the cream has reduced by one third. Add the shrimp and any juices from the bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. When it is al dente, add the snow peas to the boiling pasta and then drain.
- To serve, make a mound of pasta in the center of four dinner plates. Spoon some of the sauce on the pasta and the rest around it. Arrange the shrimp in a circle around the pasta. Garnish with the tomatoes and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- from: Fish without a Doubt, by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating4 people
YUM-ERS!!!!!!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Sounds delicious! Love the combo of ingredients here, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
Fantastic. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!