Scallop and Mushroom CasseroleFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 Tbs (60 ml) butter shopping list
- 1 lb (450 g) large sea scallops shopping list
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine or chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) half-and-half or milk shopping list
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice shopping list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups (375-500 ml) cooked brown or white long-grain rice shopping list
- Chopped chives or parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half the butter in a skillet over high heat and saute the scallops until lightly browned and not cooked through, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining butter, and saute the mushrooms, onion, and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pour over the scallops.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Bake covered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped herbs