Miso Chicken Broth ChowderFrom joe1155 4 years ago
- 2.5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sake shopping list
- 1Tbsp Japanese soy sauce (Kikkoman's) shopping list
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup each broccoli, red bellpepper, bamboo shoots, mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large boiling potato, cut in small cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced onions (spring or brown) shopping list
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup Shiro miso (also known as white or yellow miso) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the oil into a pot and heat it. Add the potato and the vegetables, except the broccoli. Cook a couple of minutes to release the flavors.
- Add the chicken broth, soy sauce and sake. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are as tender as you like. Add the broccoli.
- Add the miso and the chicken and simmer 5 more minutes to cook the chicken. It is best not to boil it again once the miso is added because it can get bitter. Then add the sesame oil, garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly and serve.
- I like it with a bowl of Japanese short grain rice on the side, but cooked noodles are also really good added to the soup.
The Cookjoe1155 Munchen, DE
The Rating5 people
I agree with you on the Dashi. It can be too strong. Great recipe. Thank you for sharing!
J and Mquaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
This sounds like a very delicious recipe that I need to try :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
very nice high 5puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!