Shark N BakeFrom darbar 6 years ago
- 1 pound catfish fillets or tilapia fillets shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon minced seeded Scotch bonnet chile or habanero chile shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- All purpose flour shopping list
- 6 pita bread rounds, warmed shopping list
- Chopped lettuce leaves shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
- Assorted condiments, such as mango chutney, honey mustard, garlic mayonnaise, thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced cucumbers, and hot pepper sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange fish in single layer in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Mix lime juice, green onion, garlic, thyme, and chile in small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spoon over fish; let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish on both sides with salt and pepper, then flour. Working in batches, add fish to skillet and cook until golden and opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to paper towels to drain.
- Cut off thin slice from each warm pita bread round, forming opening. Open pita pockets and stuff with fish, lettuce, and tomato. Serve with desired condiments.