Brown Sugar-baked Chicken And Oven FriesFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise in 1/2-in.-thick shopping list
- sticks shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 Tbsp light-brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp each chili powder and freshly grated orange peel shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 chicken drumsticks I used a whole chicken cut up into 10 pieces (breasts cut into 4 pieces)(2 1/4 lb) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Position racks to divide oven in thirds.
- Heat to 450F.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil (for easy cleanup).
- Set a wire rack on 1 sheet; coat rack well with nonstick spray.
- Put potatoes and oil in a large bowl; toss potatoes to coat.
- Place on prepared rack, overlapping if necessary.
- Bake on top oven rack 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix sugar, chili powder, orange peel and 1/2 tsp salt in a
- large plastic ziptop bag.
- Add drumsticks, seal bag and shake until chicken is coated.
- Put on other baking sheet.
- Place chicken on lower oven rack and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until
- potatoes are tinged golden brown and chicken juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Drizzle any juices in baking sheet over the chicken.
- Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
YuuuuuMO love the ingredients definitely 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Love the brown sugar sauce here! Great pictures!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it