Carmel Pecan RollsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Rolls: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 envelopes Fleischmann’s® Rapid Rise yeast shopping list
- 7-1/2 to 8 cups flour shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups very warm water (120° to 130°F) shopping list
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons spice Islands® Ground Saigon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) chopped pecans shopping list
- Caramel Syrup: shopping list
- 2 cups (1 pound) butter shopping list
- 2 cups brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Karo® light corn syrup shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons spice Islands® pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups (12 ounces) whole pecans shopping list
How to make it
- MIX 1 cup butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add eggs. In a separate bowl, combine yeast and 4 cups flour; mix thoroughly. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture, then add water. Mix well and add an additional 3-1/2 to 4 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time, until soft smooth dough forms. Turn out on lightly floured surface.
- KNEAD until smooth. Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes. Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- ROLL each portion out to an 14 x 8-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush each with 3 tablespoons melted butter. Combine 1 cup sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar and 2/3 cup chopped pecans on each rectangle. Roll up from long side.
- CUT each roll into 8 slices.
- MELT butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until blended. Place 1 cup caramel syrup and 1 cup pecans in each of three 13 x 9-inch pans. (Or 1/2 cup syrup and 1/2 cup pecans in 8-inch square baking pans). Place 8 rolls per 13 x 9-inch pan, or 4 rolls per 8-inch pan, cut side down. Cover.
- RISE until double, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- BAKE at 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes for 8-inch pans and 20 to 25 minutes for 13 x 9-inch pans. Cool slightly before turning out of pan.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
I do love pecan rolls. Thank you so much for sharing. 5quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
Well next to a good cinnamon roll this comes in next, great post, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
These look and sound fantastic, can't pass up a good pecan caamel roll.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!