Twice Fried Fingerling PotatoesFrom dugger 6 years ago
How to make it
- You will need either a deep fryer or a deep skillet (a saute skillet works well. Note the Prep Time includes about 2 1/2 hours of soak time. Prep only takes about 15 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Immediately drop them in a large bowl of icewater. See Photo
- Let the potatoes stand from 1-3 hours.
- Drain the potatoes and dry them thoroughly with towels or paper towels. See Photo
- Bring the oil (about halfway up the sides of the skillet if using one) to 325 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in the oil gently in small batches See Photo. Fry for 6-8 minutes until just turning lightly browned.
- Remove from the oil and drain thoroughly on a rack over paper or brown bags. See Photo
- Just before time to serve them, bring the oil to 375 degrees and fry to a crisp golden brown. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove, place in a bowl lined with paper towel, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- Beejsteph Akron, Ohio
- mmakingmagick Nowhere, Us
- Luvs2cookLala Nowhere, Us
- puddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- joe1155 Munchen, DE
- barbequeman Salt Lake City, UT
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- bayoucook Gautier, MS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔