Chipotle FudgeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate broken in pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter in pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy saucepan combine sugar, honey, chocolate, salt and milk.
- Place over medium-high heat and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Cover with a lid and heat until mixture comes to a full boil about 1 minute longer.
- Uncover and cook until mixture becomes shiny and thick about 4 minutes stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chipotle pepper and cinnamon.
- Place butter on the fudge and set aside to cool.
- When the fudge has become tepid after about 20 minutes add vanilla and stir until fudge starts to firm.
- Pour into a loaf pan and even the top.
- Set aside until firm.
- Cut into squares.