Triple Lemon MuffinsFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- Syrup: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (yellow part of rind only) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat lemon yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, water, lemon rind and juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, eggs and lemon yogurt and mix well. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir just until moistened. Do not overmix. (Over-mixing will toughen the muffins.)
- Spray 12 muffin-tin cups with cooking spray. Fill cups with batter. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar on each muffin. Bake for about 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and spoon about 1 teaspoon lemon syrup over muffins while still warm. When you've done them all, start over. This will give the syrup a chance to be absorbed rather than all running down the sides which it will do.
- Leave the muffins in the pan until cool or until all of the syrup has been absorbed.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
Oh my goodness, lemons just went on my shopping list for these. Fabulous!magandab in Apple Valley loved it
I'm drooling. These sound incredible. Must make them real soon cause I can't wait to sink my teeth into one or two--- or three. Ha Ha. Definately a high 5. Thanksbrianna in loved it
Well, I made these muffins this afternoon & they are incredible. Moist & tangy. A lemon lovers delight. The recipe makes nice big muffins too, not those little puny ones. I would add a lot more to the rating if I could. Thanks again, I'll be making t...morebrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!