Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Dressed with Citrus VinaigretteFrom notyourmomma 4 years ago
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 1 pint tiny cherry or grape tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 whole lemon, zested and juiced-divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespons of extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place spears and washed tomatoes in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the spears and the tomatoes, rolling them back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Grind some fresh pepper generously over all.
- (can toss a few WHOLE peeled garlic cloves in the mix just for flavor, you will remove them before dressing warm veggies with the dressing)
- Roast for about 12 to 14 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork and the tomatoes begin to wrinkle.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Remove and use garlic on a piece of toast for a snack for the cook.
- Whisk the orange (tangerine or pink grapefruit juice) with the honey and mustard, finally add oil and whisk.
- Dress warm asparagus and tomatoes.
- Serve warm or let sit at room temperature.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!