Salmon Hash with Poached EggsFrom frankieanne 6 years ago
- 1 pound small yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 pound cooked skinless salmon fillet, flaked shopping list
- 2 Tbs snipped chives shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain, then crumble.
- Melt the butter in the bacon fat in the skillet. Add the onion and potatoes and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally and gently mashing the potatoes until browned in spots, about 8 minutes. Add the bacon, salmon and chives; season with salt and pepper. Cook just until the salmon is heated through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large, deep skillet of water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into individual bowls and add them to the simmering water. Poach the eggs over moderate heat until the whites are set but the yolks are still slightly runny, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs out of the water; blot dry with paper towels. Spoon the hash onto plates, top with the eggs and serve right away.