Tomato Bread with Chile Cream Cheese SpreadFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- Chile Cream Cheese Spread: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 small can diced green chiles, drained shopping list
- or 1 jalapeno chile, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Stir together first eight ingredients. Drain the tomatoes into a measuring cup and add enough milk to the liquid to make 2/3 cup. Add the liquid, eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and stir to blend. Cut the tomatoes into large chunks and carefully fold into the batter (it will be stiff). Spread into prepared pan, and bake for one hour. Makes one loaf.
- Mix cream cheese and chiles, adding a bit of milk to get to desired consistency.
- Spread cooled bread slices with Chile Cream Cheese Spread.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
This does sound really good- would be great with barbecue...Five for ya!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
your ona roll today with all the great recipes!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!