Siew MaiFrom quaziefly 7 years ago
- Makes 30 to 40 siew mai shopping list
- “A” Ingredients : shopping list
- 1 tsp sherry shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp corn flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger juice shopping list
- 1 small egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions shopping list
- “B” Ingredients: shopping list
- 10 oz minced pork shopping list
- 1/2 lb prawns, shelled, deveined and cut shopping list
- 2 oz boiled pork fat, finely cubed shopping list
- 4 tbsp boiled bamboo shoots, chopped finely shopping list
- 4 oz square egg skins (wantan skins), obtainable from local markets shopping list
How to make it
- Mix A in a bowl. Add B. Mix well.
- Cut off the four corners of the egg skins.
- Place a tablespoon of the meat mixture in the centre of each skin.
- Enclose filling with egg skin, so that the top filling is seen.
- Flatten base of each siew mai.
- To steam:
- Brush steamer rack with oil. Space siew mai on rack.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes or till cooked.
- Serve hot with chili sauce and mustard
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookquaziefly ALL POINTS
The Rating8 people
another great dish love this one also thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree this is a very nice dish...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Another great post! Love Chinese food! Thanks for sharing this!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!