Dandelion WineFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pour boiling water over dandelion heads, cover and let stand overnight.
- Next day, strain through cheesecloth, pressing until dry.
- Put strained liquid into a plastic pail.
- Add oranges, lemons, raisins and a sugar syrup made from boiling 1/2 pound sugar with 1 quart water.
- Add the wine yeast.
- Cover and ferment for 15 days, stirring every day.
- Make a syrup from 1pound sugar and 2 cups water.
- Strain fermented juice through cheesecloth and add cooled syrup.
- Pour into a gallon jug fitted with a fermentation lock.
- Leave in a warm place until all fermentation has ceased.
- Makes 1 gallon