Vanishing Pineapple Upside-Down CakeFrom scouter 5 years ago
How to make it
- Cover dutch oven in foil being careful not to punch holes in the foil......
- Melt butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of dutch oven.
- Place pineapple slices over brown sugar - even pattern out.
- Place a red cherry in each pineapple ring.
- Place a green cherry inbetween each ring.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and juice/water mix.
- Pour mixture evenly over over pineapple slices.
- Place 6 coals on bottom and 18 coals on lid.
- Cook for 25 minutes then use bamboo skewer to check if done - there should be no cake clinging to skewer.
- (check coals on bottom to see if they are still good - if not replace).
- If not done cook for 5 more minutes. Use bamboo skewer to check if done. If not done, cook 5 more minutes.
- When done remove from coals and wait 5 minutes.
- Peel foil off of dutch oven and carefully lift cake out of dutch oven.
- Place plate upside down on top of cake and flip right-side up.
- Carefully peel foil off top - replace any cherries or pineapple rings that peel off.