Giant Stuffed ShrimpFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- • 10 jumbo shrimp (prawns, 6 to 8 per pound), peeled shopping list
- • 1 cup white wine shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- • 1 cup hot mashed potatoes shopping list
- • 1 cup sauteed spinach shopping list
- • Slivers of dried tomato, to taste shopping list
- crab, shrimp & Brie Stuffing shopping list
- • 1/4 pound crabmeat, Dungeness or blue, picked over, drained shopping list
- • 1/4 pound bay (salad) shrimp, cooked, drained, cooled, chopped shopping list
- • 1/2 pound brie cheese, rinds removed, cut into small dice shopping list
- • 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare the stuffing: Combine all ingredients well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Butterfly the jumbo shrimp. Place the shrimp butterfly-side up in a pie tin and place a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) stuffing in the middle of each.
- Add the wine and the butter to the pie tin and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and retain the pan juices.
- To plate: Place a serving of potatoes in the middle of 2 dinner plates. Surround the potatoes with the sauteed spinach and sprinkle the spinach lightly with a few dried tomato slices.
- Arrange the shrimp around the mashed potatoes and over the spinach with the tails sticking up toward the middle. Drizzle the reserved cooking juices on top of the shrimp.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating5 people
Oh yeah baby! I'm there...sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
thank you for a great Gluten free recipe..and the fact that it has jumbo prawns doesn't hurt !!!LOL
peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
We need a picture, the presentation sounds great!!!gagagrits in Irmo loved it