Chicken Pot RoastFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 1 chicken(31/2 lbs) cut in 8 pieces,rinsed and papped dry shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 c diced carrots shopping list
- 1 large onion,halved and slivered shopping list
- 2 Tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbs fresh choped tarragon,(or 1 tsp. dried) shopping list
- 2 Tbs flat-leaf parsley,for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter with the oil in a large,heavy oven-proof casserole over med. heat. Brown the chicken in batches ,about 8 mins per batch,being careful not to pierce the skin. Remove to plate.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Add the carrots,onions,garlic,and tarragon;cook,stirring ,for 5 mins. Retrun the chicken and any juices to the casserole,arranging the pieces atop the vegetables. cover and bake in the oven for 1 hour,basting occasionally. sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Wonderful, pat! My ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Sounds like a winner :)donman in Hammond loved it
another good recipe,,,5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it