Chicken with Jalapeno Cheese SauceFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- • 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped shopping list
- • 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- • 4 boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- • 1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- • few drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste, or a dash of ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • ground black pepper shopping list
- • jalapeno pepper rings shopping list
- nacho chips, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, and olive oil. Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking pan sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray; add pepper and oil mixture. Bake chicken at 350°, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, melt butter or margarine in saucepan. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, stirring until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in Cheddar cheese, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Continue baking, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until chicken is done and juices run clear. Remove chicken from oven; turn oven to broil. Return chicken to oven; broil just until lightly browned. Arrange on a serving platter with cheese sauce spooned over chicken breast halves. Garnish with jalapeno pepper rings and nacho chips, if desired.
- Jalapeno chicken and cheese recipe makes 4 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Another great post!!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This is one awesome recipe, I can't wait to dive into this, wished I hadn't have started cooking supper yet! Great recipe 5! Dooleydooley in Crossroads loved it
Oh yeah, this sounds so yummy! Love the sauce and the spicyness of jalapenos here!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!