Layered Shrimp And Black Bean Salad With Green Olive DressingFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 red peppers, diced shopping list
- 1 mango, diced shopping list
- about 24 small/medium sized shrimp(cooked and thawed or, if you use fresh, just boil as you would for shrimp cocktail:) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream(light is okay) shopping list
- 6-8 large jalapeno stuffed green olives, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large flour tortillas, cut into strips shopping list
- about 3/4 cup cotija(or similar) cheese, freshly grated shopping list
- oliveoil shopping list
How to make it
- Here is a pic of the chosen ingredients! See Photo
- Combine cooked rice and rinsed black beans. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and chopped olives. Refrigerate while finishing prep.
- In small skillet, saute onions briefly in olive oil, set aside to cool but don't discard oil.
- Heat oil to medium high heat and add tortilla strips to quickly fry them until just crispy. Drain.
- In small bowl, combine mango, red pepper and onion.
- For serving, layer in goblet or similar glassware as follows:
- About 3/4 cup of the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with about 1T cheese.
- Add vegetable relish, then arrange about 6 shrimp over relish.
- Top with a dollop of the dressing and about another T or so of cheese.
- Serve with the tortilla strips.