German Streusel CakeFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- ¾ C unsalted butter shopping list
- ¼ C sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 C flour shopping list
- 2 Tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 ¼ C milk shopping list
- ½ tsp. real vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 C fresh sliced fruit of choice, apple, peach, pear, or whole cherries shopping list
How to make it
- For the Cake: Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside. Cream sugar and butter together, stir in eggs, and then alternate stirring in the flour mixture and the milk and vanilla extract. Grease and flour a small cookie sheet or a sheet cake pan. Pour batter in pan, spread to evenly coat. Tope with fresh sliced fruit.
- For the Streusel topping: Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut the butter in small pieces and drop in the flour mixture. Mix together well – the best way is to mix it with your hands—Mix until all is a consistency of a streusel topping. If it gets too dry, mix in a little more butter. If it gets too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle over cake/fruit mixture in pan or cookie sheet. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes at 350 F.
- Serve with homemade fresh whipped cream
- The secret to good whipped cream is to put the beaters and the bowl in the freezer for about 25 minutes before beating the cream.
- Enjoy with a cup of your favorite coffee of tea.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!