chinese noodle dough recipeFrom lucy_ford 6 years ago
How to make it
- The recipe is 300g total. Flour for dough. Salt for flavor. Baking soda for texture. Oil for workability.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a heavy spoon and stir it a bit. When you're ready, pour the mix onto a kneading surface and begin working it with your hands.
- Once it feels relatively smooth, you need to start the real kneading process.
- You have to knead and stretch the dough until the gluten structure starts to break down.
- If you've ever made bread, you know you have to work the gluten by kneading the bread ball. With noodle dough, you have to take it PAST that bread stage. It will end up feeling a lot like clay, and when you stretch it you'll notice it doesn't tear.