Roast Leg Of Lamb With Anchovy RubFrom victoriaregina 4 years ago
- This recipe is adapted from:The Grapevine shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets (save the oil), finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 leg of lamb (6 to 8 pounds) shopping list
- After roasting make a pan sauce using more anchovies, mustard, and splashes of white wine and chicken stock. shopping list
How to make it
- MARINATE TIME: overnight
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, anchovies (with the oil from the can), thyme, and mustard to form a wet paste. Rub the mixture all over the lamb. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- One hour before roasting, remove the lamb from the refrigerator. Transfer the lamb to a roasting pan.
- Set the oven at 450 degrees. Roast the lamb for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue roasting the lamb, basting occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lamb registers 135 degrees for medium-rare meat. Roast 15 minutes longer for well done meat.
- Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let it rest, covered loosely with foil, for 10 to 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating9 people
Lamb and anchovy are made for each other ....;-)~ I love that combination. The roasted anchovies produce a nutty flavor. Not fishy at all.
We do a similar recipe using mint in place of thyme. I love thyme and bet it goes well in this r...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
I've just been looking at the very same recipe,so at least I won't have to write it out ha hacapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it