Yummy Banana EmpanadasFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 bananas sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon raisins shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- Measure flour and sugar into bowl and stir to mix then add shortening and cut into flour.
- Dissolve salt in water and mix in egg yolk then add to flour mixture to form medium stiff dough.
- Knead 5 minutes into smooth ball then divide into 10 equal parts.
- Roll into balls then cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a flat round tortilla shape then place on hot pan and cook briefly on one side.
- Combine filling ingredients and toss gently then place filling in center of tortillas.
- Brush egg white around edges and fold over to form 1/2 moon and press edges with fork.
- Cook in oil heated to 350 for 2 minutes and turn as necessary until browned.
- Remove and drain on paper towels then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
wow gotta love this one high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
High 5 on this...looks good and gonna make some today! Thank you for the share!
gigilovescats2 in Valdosta loved it
This Is A Nice, Sweet Variation Of The Ordinary Empanadas. I Really Like It. Thnx For Sharing Cat.
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!