Apple Pie Pop OversFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 baking apples, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup high protein bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a sauté or heavy frying pan
- Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon, cook till apples are tender.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl and with a whisk or whisk attachment, beat the eggs, milk, and salt together.
- . Change to the paddle attachment.
- Beat in the flour until it is completely smooth.
- Continue mixing for several minutes to develop the gluten.
- Stir in the pecans.
- . Use a pastry brush to grease the insides of the popover cups with butter.
- If you are using a muffin pan, grease every other cup.
- Divide the filling, putting an equal amount in the bottom of each cup.
- Pour the batter over the filling, filling the cups half full.
- Fill the cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at high heat for twenty minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 15 minutes. (Different ovens cool differently and may require different times.)
- Turn off the oven.
- Open the oven door and quickly make a one-inch slit in the side of each popover to release the steam.
- Close the oven door and let stand in the oven for ten minutes or until the popovers are dry and firm enough to avoid collapsing.
- Remove the popovers from the oven.
- Lift the popovers from the pan immediately by grasping the tops with an oven mitt.
- Let them cool slightly before serving.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great popover high5 and abovemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Awesome, you have me craving one of these. Great post and a high 5,chefmeow in Garland loved it
This one is going straight for the keepers! Can't wait to try this, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits281 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Breakfast Recipes123 members
Quick Breads72 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
An Apple A Day30 members
A Fruity World45 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members