GRILLED EGGPLANT AND RED PEPPER WITH MINT-CUMIN DRESSINGFrom trigger 6 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound), ends trimmed, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and cut into 2-inch strips shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill to medium.
- Brush the eggplant and bell peppers evenly with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, then season them with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt (or 1 teaspoon table salt) and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, yogurt, mint and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 teaspoon table salt). Set aside.
- Grill the vegetables, turning once, until tender and caramelized, about 16 to 18 minutes. Move the vegetables as needed to ensure even cooking. Transfer the vegetables to a platter, rewhisk the dressing, then pour it over vegetables.
- (Recipe from the June 2009 issue of Cook’s Illustrated magazine)
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating9 people
all wonderful flavors on a grill nice post high5 thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I am coming over to your house tonight! LOL This looks lovely! Very nice dressing here, too! I am drooling!juels in Clayton loved it
Fantastic post, Michael...I'll be there before Juels..I live much closer....LOLwynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it