Pork Chops Smothered In Red GravyFrom donman 4 years ago
- cajun seasoning mix shopping list
- 4 ½-¾ inch bone in pork chops shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 2 cups of prepared pasta sauce (Ragu’) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup of water shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper, diced (optional) shopping list
- 1 4 ounce can of sliced mushrooms shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and pat dry the pork chops.
- Lightly sprinkle some Cajun seasoning both sides of the chops and let rest at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Mix together the pasta sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- In a deep 10 inch skillet, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat and brown the chops on both sides then set them aside. (About 1 minute on each side)
- Deglaze the same pan with a little water if necessary then sauté the onion and bell pepper (if being used) until they are soft, (About 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another minute.
- Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Remove the onion, bell pepper, garlic and mushrooms, add to the pasta sauce and mix well.
- Add the chops and pasta sauce mixture to the same pan and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently.
- Lower the heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until chops are tender. (Be sure to stir frequently so that the red sauce doesn’t burn)
- Remove from heat and serve over steaming white rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating5 people
love tweaks and shortcuts awsome recipe mushrooms a plus for sure. thanks great post donman high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
The sauce sounds wonderful here! Love all the seasonings! Great dish, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
oooh I've never had/tried this before but has my favorite ingredients in it, thanks :Dhunnee in Nanaimo loved it