Pork Lovers Braised Pork ShanksFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 4 whole fresh pork shanks with rind (each 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 jar exotic mushrooms or mushrooms of your choice shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped leek (white and pale green parts only) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 Bag washed assorted fingerling potatoes shopping list
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh sage, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided shopping list
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
How to make it
- PREPARE VEGGIES
- Preheat oven to 325F. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large wide pot over medium-high heat. Add pork, in batches if necessary, and saut e until brown on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer pork to rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons fat from pot. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, carrots, leek, celery, assorted fingerling potatoes and prosciutto. Cover and cook until vegetables are soft and beginning to color, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Mix in garlic and chopped porcini. Add wine and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Add broth . Mix in 1 teaspoon sage and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Return pork and any accumulated juices to pot, arranging in single layer.
- Bring pork mixture to boil, cover pot, and place in oven. Braise pork until very tender, turning over every 30 minutes, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Transfer pork to rimmed baking sheet. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sage, 1 teaspoon rosemary, and black pepper. Roast pork until browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meannwhile, tilt pan and spoon any fat from surface of sauce. Boil until sauce coats spoon lightly, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto large shallow platter or divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top sauce with pork, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
- Let's eat!
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating8 people
I just sat down at my computer to put on some music to cook by, and thought that I would check some e-mails, but there was some freakish gravitational force that made my mouse click on grouprecipes. I guess I know why now... as usual, your recipe tr...moreshine in Rainier loved it
wonderful recipe thanks bunches higjh5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I absolutely love this recipe and look forward to preparing it.choclytcandy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!