Coffeebreak chocolate coconut Cookie BarsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 6 HERSHEY'S milk chocolate bars(1.55 oz. each) shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup MOUNDS sweetened coconut Flakes shopping list
- 1 cup walnut pieces shopping list
- vanilla DRIZZLE(recipe follows) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap and coarsely chop chocolate bars; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. With wooden spoon work chocolate bar pieces, coconut and walnuts into mixture. (Dough will be stiff.) Press mixture in ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 3. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Drizzle VANILLA DRIZZLE over surface; allow to set. Cut into bars. About 24 bars.
- VANILLA DRIZZLE: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons milk in small bowl. Add additional milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until of desired consistency.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
These look and sound divine! Bookmarked, and high 5 + a beauty flag for you!juels in Clayton loved it
my children love you to pieces! 5 and a flag from Virginia and Vincent.victoriaregina in USA loved it
Wow. You'd better only make these when company is coming if you don't want to let yourself eat the whole pan!dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!