Joan Nathans Cream Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 6 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 pound cream cheese shopping list
- 1 pound sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt the butter and combine with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Save some crumbs.
- Combine the egg yolks, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and flour.
- Beat very well until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and leave cake in the oven 1 additional hour.
- Then leave the oven door ajar 30 minutes more.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
gotta love it high5 thanks great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks for the posting. High 5...shibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
I'm a total sucker for a good cheesecake..... hmmmmcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
Sweet Tooth447 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
101 A Cheese Place145 members
Companys Coming115 members