Chipotle Pan Fried ShrimpFrom angelgirl94 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle pepper-or to taste shopping list
- 2 pounds large raw peeled and deveined shrimp-26 to 30 count shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- oil-vegetable, peanut, corn, or canola shopping list
- Dipping sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt- or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper-or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large resealable bag, combine flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper. Mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine shrimp and buttermilk. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain shrimp of any excess buttermilk.
- Add to flour mixture a handful at a time. Close bag and shake to coat. Place coated shrimp on a plate.
- Heat one inch of oil to 350 degrees in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp(do not overcrowd pan) and fry for two minutes on each side until brown and crisp. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain on clean plate with paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
- Dipping sauce:
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread leftover dipping sauce on burgers or sandwiches. Use as a dipping sauce for fries. Delicious!
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating4 people
Yum, love chipotle anything and it is especially good with shrimp. You have a winning post here my friend. 5 forks.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I am drooling! LOL. This sure sounds yummy! Love the dipping sauce here, too!juels in Clayton loved it
yummy yummy... love this...Five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it