Super Tender BiscuitsFrom m11andrade 5 years ago
- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 T. powdered milk shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1 good pinch cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter-flavored shortening shopping list
- 2/3 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 c. melted margarine, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the shortening until blended thoroughly.
- Stir in buttermilk and 2 T. of the melted margarine until well blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 1 minute, or until smooth and elastic.
- Roll out dough to 1/2" - 3/4" thickness; cut with a floured biscuit cutter; place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Brush hot biscuits with remaining melted margarine.