Victorias Banana MuffinsFrom mevrouwcupcake 8 years ago
- 4 over-ripe bananas shopping list
- 1-1/8 cup / 413 grams dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- ¾ cup / 178 ml canola or sunflower oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- scrapings of half a ½ vanilla pod shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 2-¼ cups / 280 grams flour shopping list
- 1-½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1-½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp Chinese 5-spice shopping list
- 3 ounces / 90 grams flaked almonds shopping list
- 3 ounces / 90 grams sugar shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 175ºC.
- Combine all the wet ingredients, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
- Tip all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl, whisking to combine, and then fold into the wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the flaked almonds and sugar, adding about half of the egg white, and discarding the rest. Stir gently to combine.
- Prepare muffin tins using the butter and flour method or with baking cups. Fill muffin tins/baking cups and top with equal amounts of topping.
- Bake until tops are golden and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 35-30 minutes. Makes about 18 regular sized muffins.
The Cookmevrouwcupcake Amsterdam, NL
- Not added to any groups yet!