Baklava With Tangelo SyrupFrom wrigggit 6 years ago
- 160g butter shopping list
- 1 cup caster sugar shopping list
- 1 cup tangelo juice, strained shopping list
- tangelo rind shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tsp orange essence or orange blossom water shopping list
- 200g natural almonds, with skin on shopping list
- 150g walnuts shopping list
- 80g pistachio kernels shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 18 sheets filo pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160degC. Brush a 25cm by 18cm by3cm deep slice pan with a little butter.
- Combine sugar, tangelo juice, honey and orange blossom water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Cook for 5 mins or until syrup thickens slightly. set aside to cool.
- Place nuts and spices into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer into a bowl and stir in 3/4 cup of the syrup.
- Brush 6 sheets of filo pastry with butter and layer one on top of the other to make a stack. Repeat with the remaining sheets to make 2 more stacks. Fold each stack in half so the short edges meet. Lay a stack in the base of the prepared pan.
- Spoon half the nut mixture over the filo base. Cover with another layer of filo. Spread remaining nut mixture and cover with remaining stack of filo. Trim if necessary.
- Using a small sharp knife, mark into pieces. bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and crisp.
- Pour remaining tangelo syrup and stand for 2 hours before cutting into pieces. Sprinkle with rind for decoration.
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
The Rating8 people
Wow, this sounds amazing. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Delish!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Wow - I bet this is yummy!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!