Chocolate Macaroon filled CakeFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flaked coconut, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- cake BATTER: shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, beat egg white on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in coconut and flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites on medium until soft peaks form. gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream shortening and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, sour cream and vanilla; beat until creamy. Combine coffee and buttermilk. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with coffee mixture. Beat until combined. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour half of the batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan with removable bottom. Drop coconut filling by spoonfuls over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour. Run a knife around side of pan and remove.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting ingredients until smooth and creamy. Spread over the top and sides of cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
Sounds absolutely awesome!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
my dear friend Peeta .....i am going to have to increase my gyming with your wonderfully calorie inducing recipes......anyway what the heck....lol
Gets my 5
Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I totally agree with above!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!