Dahi Phuki---Gram Flour Dumplings In Yogurt SauceFrom ambus 5 years ago
- For Phulki(Dumplings): shopping list
- 1 cup gram flour(Besan),sifted shopping list
- 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- Pinch of nigella seeds(Kalonji) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds(Ajwaiin) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried pomegranate seeds(Anardana) shopping list
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds shopping list
- 1 medium onion,chopped shopping list
- 2 green chillies,finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves,chopped shopping list
- water,as required shopping list
- oil,for deep frying shopping list
- For yogurt Sauce: shopping list
- 750 gm. plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder shopping list
- chaat masala,according to taste shopping list
- For Tempering: shopping list
- 4-5 large garlic cloves,sliced shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a slight well in the centre,add water and beat well with a spoon or whisk(Add enough water a little at a time to make a batter the consistency of thick cream).
- Add the remaining ingredients.Mix well to combine.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a karahi or deep fryer(Test the temperature by dropping a small amount of batter into the hot oil.It should rise to the top at once).
- Drop teaspoonful of batter in medium hot oil.
- Fry to a golden color,turning once or twice.
- Remove with a slotted spoon,drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place them in a serving dish.
- For Tempering:
- Heat oil in a small saucepan.Add garlic and fry till light golden.
- Add cumin seeds and remove from the heat.Keep aside.
- Whisk yogurt with 1\2 cup water,salt and red chilli powder to make a smooth paste. Pour evenly onto the Phulki in the serving dish and stir gently.
- Keep in fridge or at room temperature for 10-15 minutes so that Phulki absorbs some sauce.
- Garnish with Chaat Masala and Tempering just before serving.
- Serve with Chappati,Rice or as an Appetizer.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating5 people
As salaam mu alaikum Ambus
thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe....saved...will be nice for the cold weather we are having now....brrrr.....:]
Have a wonderful Jumuah
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Great post Ambus. Five Forks!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
HI SWEETIE WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? IVE MISSED YOU !! YOU OK???
THANKS FOR A GREAT RECIPE HERE LOVE IT I WILL TRY IT TOO!! IT SOUNDS FABULOUS !!
NICE TO SEE YOU
HUGS TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Anything Goes286 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
From Middle Eastern Lands253 members
Asian Foods234 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members
Checkin Central283 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members
Cheap N Easy53 members
Checkins Round Table39 members