Cheese Enchiladas - SimpleFrom april13 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by heating the chili on the stove over low/medium heat. Make sure to stir occasionally as not to burn chili.
- Place corn tortillas in a Ziploc (or any microwaveable bag but do not seal) and place in microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Time varies but tortillas should not break when folded. If you notice they are still hard or it tears easily, place back in microwave for additional 30 seconds or so.
- Spray non-stick grease to small baking dish.
- Add cheese (as much as desired) nearer to edge of tortilla then roll to create the enchilada. Place enchilada in dish, side by side, with the edges down so they won’t roll open.
- Take chili off heat and pour desired amount over enchiladas. (I normally use the whole can)
- Add extra cheese on top (if desired).
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melted.
The Cookapril13 San Antonio, TX
The Rating4 people
This is great, my roommate and I made this very often, way back in the day...except we usually added cooked ground beef and onions inside. Thanks for a very nice memory, and five forks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I have made these before when I just moved from home...great post; brought back good memories =).shandy in Port Orchard loved it
This is such a great idea! Thanks for posting it. Gets 5 forks from me.
Donnie :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!