Beef Stew in a CrockpotFrom jlv1023 3 years ago
- 2 pounds stew meat shopping list
- 1 (2 lb) chuck roast shopping list
- 6 short rib bones shopping list
- 5 carrots sliced and then halved shopping list
- 4 celery stalks sliced shopping list
- 1 large leek sliced shopping list
- 3 roma tomatoes cut up shopping list
- 2 large onions sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cut up sundried tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large container sliced mushrooms shopping list
- about 16 baby bellas quartered shopping list
- 1 can beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 pkg dried onion soup mix shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up the stew meat and roast into about 1/2" pieces.
- In a large bowl, add 3 cups flour with: salt, pepper, garlic powder,
- onion powder, thyme, sazon seasing, parsley and Italian seasoning (all to your taste)
- Dredge meat thru flour mixture and then brown in frying pan with olive oil, then put in crock pot
- In the meantime, cut up veggies (except peppers & baby bellas) and add to crock pot.
- In large bowl, add soup, wine, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, steak seasoning , onion mix and worchestire sauce (again to your liking) mix well and then add to crock pot and be sure to cover and mix over meat and veggies.
- Cook on high about 2 hours and then lower to low
- About 1 hour before serving add quartered bellas and peppers to cook.
- Great with a loaf of hot buttered bread to dunk
The Cookjlv1023 Plymouth, WI
The Rating5 people
Looks yummy and wonderful but I have a a question. Did you also brown the ribs or just put them in the crockpot? Will definitely try when the weather cools some. Thanks for the great post and high 5!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I like the 'flavoring' combo~ also using the
p. cheese and the red wine~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!