Olive Rosemary Quick BreadFrom staceyfish 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose or bread flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary or leaves from a 6-8 inch fresh sprig, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup pitted imported olives, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Grease a 6-cup loaf pan (about 8x4 inches).
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, rosemary, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and olive oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold together until the dry ingredients are about 3/4 moistened.
- Add the olives. Fold until the pieces are distributed and dry ingredients are well incorporated and moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes. Let cook in the pan on a rack for 5-10 minutes before unmolding from pan to cool completely on a rack.