Spicy Chicken Tortilla CasseroleFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- ½ cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (for those who enjoy spicier foods) shopping list
- 4 oz. can green chilies, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can (10 oz ea) rotel Diced tomatoes and green chilies shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 6 - 10" flour tortillas, torn into bite size pieces shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- sour cream, for garnish shopping list
- green onions, chopped, for garnish shopping list
- Sliced Avacado, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray a 8" or 9" square baking dish with Pam.
- In a large saucepan, cook pepper, onion and jalapenos in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add green chiles, soup, Rotel tomatoes, and chicken stirring until well blended.
- In baking dish alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese repeating for 2 layers. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream, green onions and/or avacado slices when serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- dawndd Nowhere, Us
- goodhomecooking Tucson, AZ
- Tangerine Cincinnati, Ohio
- cinnamongal Mequon, WI
- MistressMaddie Ann Arbor, MI
- californiacook CA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- sillysmo La Grande, OR
- goblue434 Anniston, AL
- puddlewonderful Beverly Hills Adjacent, CA
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating9 people
love this combo. YUMMIE thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
deliciouspuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
i love it yummy for sure thank you for this wonderful dish
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it